Stoney Girl Gardens, it’s staff and many volunteers would like to say thank you to everyone that attended our commemorative seed giveaway to mark this historic day in Oregon’s history July 1, 2015 that ended Marijuana prohibition.
The Stoney Girl team got an early start Wednesday morning to prepare for the historic event and greet our first local news team KPTV FOX12 Oregon for an early morning broadcast that would lead to an earlier than planned start to the seed giveaway. By 7:30 am we started seeing our first arrivals to the celebration to receive their commemorative marijuana seed pack; a quick ID check at the gifting lane and each visitor drove away with a pack from Stoney Girl Gardens Seed Company. By 9:30 am things were in full swing with durations of traffic gridlock from time to time up until 11:30 am. At 7:15 pm the supply of the ten thousand (10,000) seeds was depleted as the last seed pack was handed out.
Overall the event was overwhelmingly successful with visitors from a broad range of society, professions, states and countries. Those with the most appreciation, gratitude and excitement were the Baby Boomers whom many repeated, “I am just so happy to see this happen during my lifetime!”
Now that you have seeds many of you want to grow them and asked how to get started so here are a few links to get you growing.
Growing Marijuana from seed
- Starting with Marijuana Seeds
- Sexing Marijuana Plants
- Portlandsterdam University (Basic and Advanced Gardening with Stoney Girl Gardens)
- information about the seeds you received at the event
A big THANK YOU goes out to :
- The voters of Oregon
- Stoney Girl Gardens (staff and support teams)
- Ole’s Medium Rare
- Stoney Only
Thank you for your media support
- KPTV : Free pot seeds handed out to celebrate legalization of the drug
- KATU : Pot seed giveaway: ‘I want to see if I can grow my own’
- KGW : Pot is legal in Oregon now: What you need to know
A beautiful dispensary is opening soon!
10287 SE HWY 212
Clackamas, Oregon 97015